UWRA Scholarship Application
The application for support in Spring 2024 is now available. Applications are due by February 1, 2024.
The University of Washington Retirement Association, a membership organization of retired UW faculty and staff, is pleased to fund scholarships for UW undergraduate, graduate and professional students with a focus on research related to aging or on the provision of services to older adults. Five awards of $4,000 each were made in Spring Quarter 2023 to students selected for their demonstrated promise and financial need. Applications for 2024 are now available. Students should have completed the first year of their program by the time they submit an application.
CRITERIA THE COMMITTEE WILL CONSIDER IN EVALUATING YOUR APPLICATION
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research or work with older adults (paid or volunteer)
- Academic performance
- Communication skills
- Financial need (as determined by the FAFSA or Non-Citizen Need Assessment)
To be considered, applications must include all required materials, submitted by the time and date stated on the application. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Supplemental materials will not be considered.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS – Due by Feb 1, 2024
- UWRA Scholarship Application Form. The form includes contact information and details about your academic program.
- Scholarship Essays. Please respond to each of the three prompts below. Your total response should be no more than three pages in length.
- Describe your educational and career goals and how they relate to aging or the provision of services to older adults.
- List your most significant community service and extracurricular activities, particularly those pertaining to older adults, with dates of participation.
- Any additional information you believe would be helpful. Include dates where applicable. You may include relevant information about your background, academic or career focus on research in aging or provision of services to older adults that was not included in your response to the two previous prompts.
- UW Transcript. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Current-year FAFSA or Non-Citizen Financial Need Assessment Form. To ensure compliance, the appropriate form should be on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid well before the UWRA Scholarship application deadline.
UWRA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – Due February 1, 2024
"*" indicates required fields