Ready to Join?
Our online membership store makes joining or renewing your membership simple. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.543.8600.
Membership dues are $50 per year, per household. In appreciation for your service, membership is complimentary in your first year of retirement.
UWRA supports all retirees in their engagement with the UW. If our membership dues present a barrier to your involvement, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
UWRA membership is open to:
- Retired UW staff, faculty, and other academic personnel
- Current UW employees who are active retirement plan participants
- Former members of the University Board of Regents
- Surviving spouses and partners of a UW retiree or former regent
With approval of the UWRA Board of Directors you are eligible to join UWRA if you are:
- A former UW employee who was an active retirement-plan participant for at least five consecutive years, separated from UW in good standing, and is now age 55 or older
- A retiree from another accredited higher education institution who worked at least five consecutive years in salaried employment at a single institution or at least ten years at a combination of institutions, and who is now retired, Emeritus, or age 55 or older
- A surviving or former spouse or partner of any of the above
- Clinical faculty of the UW who held unpaid courtesy appointments and are named Clinical Faculty Emeritus
UWRA independently verifies the eligibility of all applicants. The UWRA Board of Directors is the final arbiter of eligibility.
WHO IS COVERED BY YOUR MEMBERSHIP?
Membership in UWRA is by household. Your annual dues cover membership for you and your spouse or partner. A single membership covers both retirees in a two-retiree household.